Office and Communications Manager Position
850 Richards Street, Suite 505 • Honolulu, HI 96813-4709
The Hawaii Audubon Society (HAS) is Hawai‘i’s oldest conservation organization with a mission to foster community values that result in the protection and restoration of native ecosystems and conservation of natural resources through education, science and advocacy in Hawai‘i and the Pacific. HAS serves as a source for information and advocacy in the community, and provides a network for visiting and local birders. HAS also offers field trips and hands-on service trips in habitat restoration with opportunities to gain first hand experiences with Hawai‘i’s wildlife and natural environments. Six times per year, HAS publishes the journal, ‘Elepaio, that contains peer reviewed scientific articles, updates on environmental issues in Hawai‘i and the Pacific, and HAS activities listings. To learn more about HAS, visit our website at www.hawaiiaudubon.org.
The Office and Communications Manager is a part-time (19 hours/week with flexible work schedule) position located in downtown Honolulu that includes the following duties:
· Manage daily operations of office under supervision of President and Executive Director
· Manage volunteers and conservation-based service projects and field trips
· Maintain social media, website, and monthly electronic newsletters
· Maintain membership database and log of incoming/outgoing funds
· Act as Managing Editor of the ‘Elepaio, a bimonthly scientific journal and newsletter
· Coordinate outreach and education events and programs with HAS members and public
· Manage inventory, product orders, and billing
· Coordinate special events, meetings, and fundraisers
Requirements: Applicant should be self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision. Must be organized and able to meet deadlines. Applicant should have superior writing ability and people skills. Background in conservation desired.
Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.